Squirrel Cookers & Tripods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Been back in the forge while I've been off work and got some therapy steel bashing and twisting wise.
As the warmer weather's soon gonna be upon us (hopefully) I thought I should open the order book again

Group_zpsebdc989f.jpg

I do 4' and 5' tripods with top and bottom hooks (I can get some chain but its just as easy for you to nip to B&Q to save on postage weight - up to you)

4fttripod_zpsab2fca7b.jpg

5ftTripod_zpse17e5306.jpg

£48and £52 delivered

You can see pokers hanging off the top hooks, they are £12 each

Adjustable height swivel Pot hanger - you just move the nut & bolt up or down to the required height

Adjustable_zpsaabf8261.jpg

£28 Delivered

12mm square Squirrel/Rabbit/Potato cooker with pot hanger on the other end

12mmsquaresquirell_zps26fd0cfa.jpg

£23 delivered

10mm Round Squirrel/Rabbit/Potato cooker with pot hanger on the other end

12mmsquirrel_zpsf3c9b681.jpg

£21 Delivered

6mm Round Squirrel/Rabbit/Potato cooker
with pot hanger on the other end

6mmroundsquirrel_zps1ae11577.jpg

£17 Delivered

As most of my customers carry them on the outside of their packs, I need to know what length you need the squirrel cookers to be as all are individually made to your specs.

The 6mm can easily hold a largish kettle and an extra large potato or a joint of meat while the 12mm will hold just about anything you want it too ;)

here's a 6mm round being used at the Suffolk meet
100_3315_zps6a4a16d8.jpg

Sorry about the Price increase but good old Post Office has put their prices up

Last edited:

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
hi kev.. how long is the 6mm pot hanger? how much does it weigh as well mate.. just wondering if it would fit inside my bergan? :)

cheers mate

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Hey there key, I am itching to get a tripod or rabbit cooker what is your order book looking like?
I've just had a fortnight off so got in the forge and made some more up ;)
I am looking for one for my fire pit, as well as around the camp fire, what would you suggest? Thats a 14 cm billy by the way on top of a grilliput on top of the pit
The tripods can handle you hanging from them I reckon so will take a dutch oven easily

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
I've never been real happy about the forks on the 6mm's as they are hard to keep at 3mm each so I've decided to modify them and make them loads stronger. Now I forge both the forks and the pot hanger then weld the forks onto the end ;)
Loads stronger.

Unfortunately Post Office delivery hike so now £19.50 delivered

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Just had someone email me from Norwich about a local blacksmith asked to make a squirrel cooker

Inspired by this thread I contacted a local blacksmith for a quote and whilst they are keen they are pricey so I hoped to find someone in the community who would be able to make one.
Obviously they are local so no postage, they said £52 but proposed using 12mm round, they are bush crafters so have no practical experience of them.
I hail from Norwich and have family there if you are ever in Norwich? May save postage if that was an option

:Wow: I'm glad I don't have to make a living at it or no one would be able to afford one :yikes:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
:banghead: Would you believe it....just went out to the forge and..............ran out of 6mm:welcome: as I forgot to order it:sad6:. Got to get some from the DIY place (about a 50 mile round trip:surrender:) to tide me over until I can get a delivery. Then get some orders made up.
One is going to have 100mm tines for larger stuff ;)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Got took out last night by my daughter and grandson so detoured and got some more 6mm (cleared them out :rofl:) so all systems go:naughty:
Made some up today so all those waiting should get them posted out tomorrow :deal:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE