Spydie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Just arrived today from Framar. Not even the tiniest crack in the maple. Chris reckons at this age it should be good for life. Sooo comfortable!

image.jpg

image.jpg

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Seems to be never used at all. Not sure I will now … I have a Lionsteel M4 I could use instead. You reckon it’s a collector ?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
If you are asking me about it being collectable, you are asking the wrong person! I have a demonstrably poor track record when it comes to buying "collecting" knives.

You might do better asking on the Spyderco forum, or maybe on Bladeforums. I think the BushcraftUK model was much better received outside the UK.

Personally I would use it (remember, I cannot identify collectability if it hits me!). The handle isn't exhibition grade wood and it was designed as a tool. When you read reviews of it no one goes on about its beauty, elegance, the technical difficulty of its manufacture or the challenging or rare materials its is made with. They talk about the cutting edge and the ergonomics.

If you do decide to use it, I can recommend removing the plastic liner from the sheath and wet moulding the sheath with the knife in it to get a better fit. We can chat about that if you decide to do so.

Chris

Reactions: mikehill

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I used my BCUK Spyderco to gralloch a deer on Friday. The hole is a bit of a pain to clean and the lovely spalted handle tends to blend into the leaf litter if you put it down but otherwise it did a lovely job. The original sheath is horrible but fortunately mine came with a custom leather sheath made by someone on here, which is a thing of beauty

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I used my BCUK Spyderco to gralloch a deer on Friday. The hole is a bit of a pain to clean and the lovely spalted handle tends to blend into the leaf litter if you put it down but otherwise it did a lovely job. The original sheath is horrible but fortunately mine came with a custom leather sheath made by someone on here, which is a thing of beauty
Got any pics?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
As this isn't Fair Game, probably best limit it to the knife and sheath, even if the current audience would say yes to all three.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
In back in the UK and the photos are visible to me know... How strange.

That is gorgeous.

I had one of the cracked ones which I repaired as per the directions on old forums and it came out beautifully... But I sold it as its value made it unusable to me. Spent the money on an F1 and even that has shot up!

Reactions: mikehill

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
As this isn't Fair Game, probably best limit it to the knife and sheath, even if the current audience would say yes to all three.

Here you go. The logo on the sheath is of a sheep (possibly Shawn the sheep) - think the maker had the username blacksheep or something, but can't remember now.

spyderco%20bcuk.jpg

Reactions: Toddy

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Excellent stuff, I've got my custom ebony handled one and one other new boxed one. Lovely knives. It's good to hear of them getting used as they should goodjob

Like toys, knives should be used, I personally can't see the point of owning them otherwise. It's the most expensive knife I ever bought but it's probably gone up in value, not that I'm in any hurry to sell it

Reactions: arthem

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE