Spring!

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Nine little ducklings (mallard) hatched already on a pond near me. I think that is considered a little early for ducks, as they usually only start to nest in March. Anyone else noticed new arrivals in their area?

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
well it's like a summers day here today!
i'm supposed to be working from home but i think i'm gona go out tbh.
the ducks near me are ready to pop i think!
plus i have plenty of daffs in my garden too for this time of year?

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
More like a proper spring day here, plenty of cherry-plum blossom and the sloe starting to think about it to. Nothing felt too out of place for 2nd march, but then I found some fairy ring champinons, which are about two months too early.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
It was 14 degrees C here in North Essex at about one o'clock. I was actually perspiring when I went for a walk today. Found this fella (pic). I kow the Comma mates in March, but even so I think it's quite early. Never seen one this early before.

DSCN0237.jpg

Pablo

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
What a lovely day.....Been working out in just a T shirt, and warm enough, sun was out, birds were singing, was a pleasure to be alive. The grass is really growing well now, the hawthorn (or is it blackthorn, can never remember which comes out first) is all out in flower, the cherry trees are out in flower too. I love the spring, it fills me with such optimism.....

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
I seen snowdrops almost 2 weeks ago, i think everything is getting earlier everywhere, season are not seasons anymore it seems so we just have to go with the changes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE