spring watch t.v

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jack29g

Forager
Sep 17, 2004
Leicester
just wondering if anyone is watching the springwatch programme with bill oddie. I always find his programmes interesting. If your not then hurry up tomorrow is the last day it's on!

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
jack29g said:
just wondering if anyone is watching the springwatch programme with bill oddie. I always find his programmes interesting. If your not then hurry up tomorrow is the last day it's on!
Yep. Been watching it pretty much everyday. Quite heavily weighted towards birds but then he is a real twitcher :) Some nice camera work and always good to listen to other peoples enthusiastic chat.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Moonraker said:
Yep. Been watching it pretty much everyday. Quite heavily weighted towards birds but then he is a real twitcher :) Some nice camera work and always good to listen to other peoples enthusiastic chat.
Yup, me too. Birds are probably the easiest and most plentiful little characters to catch on camera, I should think. Consider all the trouble they have getting the Badgers to come out Live!:D

My feline family love it too. Particularly since during the breeding season they don't get to go outside unless we go with them. Fair is fair, if you're going to have Cats and a wildlife garden you have to do right by everyone. :)

Got TiVo recording it downstairs at the moment. Well settle down to watch it with a cuppa before bedtime.

stormy

Jun 12, 2005
e. sussex
yeh i watch it, bill odies comments crack me up.
we take part in a wildlife watching survey throughout the year.
yesterday we counted, over 20 great tits, ok most of them were babies, but heyho.
i might have to add i paint pictures of birds and wildlife. so anything wildlife and i will be in there.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I like the chap without the beard and Kate seems nice, but I've really gone off Odie. I always want to think of him as the funny little one off the Goodies but I've heard a few stories that make me think he is in fact a bit of an arrogant little git. Things like him being asked not to go through an area of nesting birds but ploughing through anyway because 'he'll walk where he damned well likes'. Not on line or I'd post a link.

Shame because he is quite enthusiastic and I like the topic of his shows.

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Lurch said:
I like the chap without the beard and Kate seems nice, but I've really gone off Odie. I always want to think of him as the funny little one off the Goodies but I've heard a few stories that make me think he is in fact a bit of an arrogant little git. Things like him being asked not to go through an area of nesting birds but ploughing through anyway because 'he'll walk where he damned well likes'. Not on line or I'd post a link.

Shame because he is quite enthusiastic and I like the topic of his shows.
Agreed. But who cares, even the dynamic duo agreed that the Wildlife were the stars of the show.:)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I think in general it's a good show. However, and there's always a but, I do think that they exagerate (sp) the 'qute and fluffy' bits quite alot.
The birds of prey are just as happy killing a red squirrel (in areas that have them) or other rare(er) animal, as they are a rabbit or grey squirrel say (classed as vermin). I would think the public view would change somewhat then... nature can be cruel.

Something just doesn't sit completely happily with me somehow. :confused: :(

I agree with Lurch about BO as well.

Cheers

Mark

FeralSheryl

Nomad
Apr 29, 2005
Gloucestershire
Me, I just watch it for the Wildlife and they did manage to capture some lovely moments. Other than that, I do have a great admiration for Simon King and his work.

Yes the show is it's very sentimental but they're trying to get the British public to care about our Native Wildlife. If they succeed in that, I for one don't really care how they achieve it.

Some of us can take Nature just as it is, both red in tooth and claw ( I only get squemish when humans get involved) and in the next moment beguilingly tender too. For the most part the British public, can only relate to the latter, so from a practical point of view that's what they have to appeal to.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
They did have some free packs that they were giving away, I ordered one yesterday and today there's none left :( don't worry i'll enjoy mine

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I can't watch that programme without thinking of Dead Ringers!

I think it looks a bit too...sunny and perfect. They have a cottage with perfect floors and beams, halogen lights and whatnot, and all the animals are nice and fluffy. It's just not right!

Then again, I've only seen it a couple of times, so maybe there's some gorey bits I've missed.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
stormy said:
yeh i watch it, bill odies comments crack me up.
we take part in a wildlife watching survey throughout the year.
yesterday we counted, over 20 great tits, ok most of them were babies, but heyho.
i might have to add i paint pictures of birds and wildlife. so anything wildlife and i will be in there.

Stormy can you out some of your pics up for us. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE