spotting scope tripod mounting ring

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Im looking for someone who sells or can make me a tripod mounting ring for my spotting scope.

I have a Manfrotto tripod that i used to put my camera on and now want to fit my spotting scope to. My spotting scope is a traditional scope 24x60 from j graham and co inverness (single lock) so doesnt come with a tripod mounting ring/clamp.

The ring or clamp would have to have an internal diameter of min 170mm or upto about 220mm and fit an Manfrotto tripod.

Any help on this matter would be most appreciated, as the only ring i have found is for a cannon camera listed at £140 or cheap copies but it doesnt list the diameter of the ring just what camera its for...

cheers Colin....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The device you want is called a tripod collar. They make them in many sizes but an internal diameter of nearly 8" is enormous! My spotting scopes are far smaller than that - never over 100mm diameter.....is it an astronomical telescope or something similar??

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
yeah, you are right British Red, i gave the circumfrance, not the diameter as pointed out to me by Jason (jag009), diameter is widest point 70mm, mid point 55mm.

Tam, if Anne Summers sell anything that will work on my tripod, i will take them, even if they vibrate :35: but at my age that could kill me, so i guess we will have to stick to a tripod mounting ring mate!

Col

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE