Spots of Time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Just sitting here, downloading the weekend's pictures from my phone and an idle thought occurred...what will I never tire of?
Outdoors related, naturally.
So I thought I'd open it out to all - what aspects of being outdoors will you never take for granted, never tire off, never take for granted?
Let's keep it manageable - just two or three. But if you're bursting for a fourth then...go on, feel free.
Doesn't matter if we repeat ourselves. We may all say the same things. That's fine.
I'll kick off then.
The three things I'll never tire if are:

- that moment when you manage to phase out the external plastic world and you become part of the natural world.
- staring at a camp fire and the glowing coals.
- reaching a favourite spot and it feels like home.

Go on, then - you're go...

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The wind in the trees shushing me to sleep when I'm hammocking.
Waking up to sunlight dappling my tarp with leaf shapes.
Staring into a good fire when it's dark watching dragons and other world fire creatures dance.
Sitting alone in my favorite spot, and watching nature watching me, until it decides I'm no threat, and starts going about its normal business as if I wasn't there.

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
When me and the dog can no longer hear cars,sirens and the like. Sit down,have a brew,and just relax.Oh,and just watch nature,lovely isn't it...

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
All of the above plus:
Getting unexpectedly lost in an area you know well.
Finding (noticing) a new plant, fungus or something.
Watching the sky go by through the tops of the trees.

Attachments

• 20220625_113829.jpg
    20220625_113829.jpg
    601.9 KB · Views: 2

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The sunlight through trees.
The smell of the changed air as the seasons turn.
Birdsong.
The sounds and scents of water, from fresh rain to a peat burn and the shuuuusss of the incoming tide.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
- I'll never tire of watching wildlife going about its business, from the smallest to the largest creatures
- I'll never tire of listening to the trees talking to me as the wind blows through the canopy
- I'll never tire of watching the sun set over the Western Isles

plus all of the previous comments of course :)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I forgot, listening to the river burble away. Sometimes it's like voices trying to tell me something, but I can't quite make it out.
I can spend hours lost in that, trying to understand water language.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE