Spot the sign.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
A mooch about next to my place at the weekend resulted in a nice couple of pics.
What caught my eye in this frame?

14102011722.jpg

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
The smoothing of the upper surface of each end of the log across the river, also looks like somethings gone under the left hand side and pushed soil down the bank and onto the hearts tongue fern growing there.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Was it the muddied ferns on the opposite bank (under the arch of the fallen tree) where otters have slid down into the water ?

Nope.
You are right with the animal I was seeking though.

The smoothing of the upper surface of each end of the log across the river, also looks like somethings gone under the left hand side and pushed soil down the bank and onto the hearts tongue fern growing there.

Nope.
You're both right in what you say but it was something else that caught my eye.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I have blown the photo up & there is definatly a 'turd' where I previously stated but are we talking crayfish claw here ?

Definitely no poopers there. There is indeed a claw, two in fact that are visible in the second photo, and they're some of the largest I've seen.
There's another smaller one in the back ground.
14102011721.jpg

Here's another cray that's looking a bit sorry.
14102011719.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I can see still see the "spraint"....:D...............I'm surprised no one else can !

Can't believe it's just a twig :)..."It's a turd Jim, but not as we know it "

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
If it's what I think you're looking at it's a dead, curled over leaf.

Nope, don't think we're looking at the same thing......

See the fallen away hanging piece of bark just right of center (on the second photo you up loaded )..... from the left hand side (bottom) extemity, trace more or less a vertical line then you come to an overhanging piece of moss which has or what appears to have nesting upon it a long spraint & smaller one lying obliquely to it.

Yes, thanks for the thread it's been great fun goodjob

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE