Spoon-type things

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Here's a few recent spoons. Both woods I haven't used before.

These two are blackthorn. The smaller one was finished with linseed and the blowsy thing with walnut oil. Just for variety.

DSC00137.jpg DSC00138.jpg

DSC00139.jpg I considered putting something flashy in the knothole, but she's not that kind of girl.

DSC00140.jpg

And these two non-spoons are cherry. Both linseeded and finished during a very pleasant visit to Scotland this week.

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

Definitely going to find myself some more cherry to play with.

Cheers,
Leif

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Nice to find different styles in spoons, cherry is real nice to make spoons from, if you can, try walnut one of my favoutits.
Linseed is not the best oil to use for utensils as it can contain harmful chemicals.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Those are great! I love carving blackthorn, I find it very tactile and satisfying and it's never a dull wood when finished; but the off-set cherry one is really dinky, I love that.......................atb mac

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
Nice to find different styles in spoons, cherry is real nice to make spoons from, if you can, try walnut one of my favoutits.
Linseed is not the best oil to use for utensils as it can contain harmful chemicals.

Thanks, I meant flax oil from the health food shop.

Cheers,
Leif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE