Spoon #2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DogRose

Forager
Apr 19, 2015
Isle of Wight
After continual harassment from my daughter I have made my second spoon
spoon#2.jpg
Made from the same log of spalted Ash as the first spoon, I invested in a Mora 106 carving knife which made the task much easier. Just given a tickle with some 600 grit wet & dry and finished with two coats of raw linseed oil. One quiet daughter, one happy dad:)

DogRose

Forager
Apr 19, 2015
Isle of Wight
Really nice. Very creative design. Your daughter is right. Keep up the good work. :)
Thanks, it's based loosely on a few spoons I've seen with that kind of shepherds crook shape then the little one said "it looks like a swan, turn it into a swan" so I had a go at that:dunno:
That really is very nice, in design and execution; well done, daughter!
Thanks, I wanted to try something a bit more difficult and the 106 was a joy to use.
Wow, that's really impressive! Only your second....what's coming next? Thanks for sharing...
Many thanks for the encouragement, I've already started on a larger serving spoon, same wood again.
Wow! That's a very handsome spoon.

Great spoon, love the shape.

Cheers guys, I'm really enjoying it and I'm definitely hooked (sorry, lousy unintentional pun)
Thanks for all the kind comments:)

DogRose

Forager
Apr 19, 2015
Isle of Wight
Nice looking spoon, you're doing a great job if that is you're second spoon, hope to see some masterpeices in the near future.
Thanks Dean, I would love to be able to make spoons as nice as the ones you and the other makers on here create, but as long as they're half decent and I'm enjoying it then that's enough for me.
That's a really nice spoon indeed. Thanks.

Stunning work mate I love it

Thanks guys, much appreciated:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE