Spokeshave

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
If your up liskeard way on a saturday, there is an old tool shack in the main car park there.. They have some great old tools for sale, including spoke shaves.. I bought one myself fairly recently...

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
What are you going to make with the spoke shave? EG if your doing chair legs or stick back spindles or chamfer's on straight board's, one with a flat sole would be ok, but if you want to do concave curves you will need one with a curved sole. Personally I prefer traditional wooden ones where the blade is held by friction in 2 small square mortice's; I like there simpilicity and the cutting blades are often quite wide up to 4 inches or so. But metal ones are usually easier to micro adjust for fine tolerance work, they sometimes have tiny screw adjusters.
A good dealer for quality 2nd hand tools (ie he sells absoulutely NO rubbish) is Tony Murland at Needham market (suffolk) I recently got a couple of new old stock wood spokeshaves for just £10, my other 2 were somewhat worn into a groove from doing spindle's

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE