Splitting laptops, camera's and mobil phones with a colins axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dabberty

Tenderfoot
After some cleaning up, I ended up with some old camera's that don't work anymore, old mobiles from ancient times, and 2 netbooks, what was 7 years ago popular and functional, but now nothing will run on it anymore.
It's also a fact I didn't chop anything for quite a while.
Put those 2 together and you get this video clip. Also first time where I try out the slowmotion function on my mobile phone, which seems ot work pretty decent for 120 fps.

https://youtu.be/F2pgaYvKe1g

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Up to you what you do with your stuff but be aware that there are various charities who will take computers (typically if they are less than 8 years old) refurb them and distribute them to third world schools! :)

http://www.computers4africa.org.uk/index.php

Well said Nomad and very good point.

I too recycle old laptops and smartphones for the same charity, we wipe (and I mean wipe with Darik's boot & nuke) for security and reinstal lightweight custom Linux systems to donate to schools in third world countries and other impoverished areas.

Maths machines, science ones, linguistics, media, comms , music production , the list goes on.
Free and customised.

But to be fair ,most people are unaware that even these old laptops can perform and boot quicker than their shiny windows 8 ...

I run an old acer on Linux lite, admittedly it's a newish battery (£12) but its quicker and snappier than the new windows x or the half eaten fruit job....

I think this time , you have to forgive the OP...
The amount of times I've felt like doing exactly this to computers and PCs is consistent with his enthusiasm.

Funny, since switching to Linux , never felt that way again.
Just plain sailing... Any problems, reboot, update ,repeat.

Affiliated ?yes.
non profit? yes.
free and open source ? yes!

Freedom? Yes...

For everyone , forever , all the time.
♻

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE