(Spikey) Monocular Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
After getting my hands on one of the groovey little Lomo 8 x 30 Monoculars (http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=15030), nice one Spike :headbang:, I decided to have a go at making some form of pouch to hold it in.

Its my first bash at anything other than a sheath and at using a light "baby poo" (aka. buckskin) dye on the leather.

There are at three mistakes but hey the next one will be better.

Also made another sheath for my Shing/scruff bushy and its much better than the first!! Uses a Grohmann style sheath loop, which I think is a brilliant idea....and its really easy! This time using Medium Brown dye which is actually a rather dark brown.

(oops piccy is a little dark...but its the best sheath you've ever seen ;) :D )

ps. thanks to jdlenton & leon-1 for the tips I picked up at the Moot. the sheath pic doesn't do your fine tuition justice

Attachments

• Pouch1.jpg
    Pouch1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Pouch2.jpg
    Pouch2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Pouch3.jpg
    Pouch3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Sheath1.jpg
    Sheath1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 72

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
Looks very nice mate, well done.

What are those fasteners that you've used to secure the flap closed called, I've seen them on various bits of kit but never know what to call them!

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Cheers.

They're Sam Browne studs. I got mine from Le Prevo but I'm sure they can be picked up at other leather suppliers such as Identity Store or Bowstock ltd.

Big John

Nomad
Aug 24, 2005
Surrey
scruff said:
Cheers.

They're Sam Browne studs. I got mine from Le Prevo but I'm sure they can be picked up at other leather suppliers such as Identity Store or Bowstock ltd.

Thanks, I've not heard of Bowstock before - looks like a handy website.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE