Speyside Way

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I spect this is an old chestnut for many but I've not done it yet. I'm told it's very pretty and not too hard going. I would like to walk and wildcamp each night whih, I gather, is ok in Scotland. All advice happily recieved.

I'd probably be doing it next spring-early summer ... hopefully before the midges get going
:mosquitos:

May 23, 2012
Highlands
Hi to ya
In Scotland we've the right of wandering when & where we
Please :) tis law

But, advice is just to be polite, check for hunts & shooting on land your on - announce your presence - is always good manners

Other than that all's good - google stravaging - also legal here :)

& take yae ****e we yers !!!!!!!!!

Enjoy Speyside - lovely place & not too far from Cairngorms, where I live

J

magpiewolf

Nov 10, 2012
Aberdeenshire
It's been on my to-do list for years, as you know - be a good intro to multi-day hiking for the pups, too. Let me know when you decide on a date and I'll meet you at one end or t'other, I have the detailed maps already so can save you buying more! I'd sort of thought going downhill would be a nice way to do it - everyone else will be following the recommendations to go uphill from sea to mountains - but it's gorgeous either way.

Elen Sentier

I've been in love withe the Cairngorms for 12 yrs now but not walked the Spey. Yes, and thank you, I'll certainly be polite, annouce my presence, leave gates as I found them (is that right up there too?) and try not to be a pest. When I've been to Scotland I've found people very friendly and helpful.

Elen Sentier

Magpie, it would do the pups good, me too. Definitely downhill! I know I can get Aviemore by train, catch the little steam train up to Nethy Bridge and walk from there. Having had a look at the walk-map I bain't going to do the bit from Grantown to Ballindalloch, it sounds rather offputting! Shall catch the bus round that bit. And I'm not galloping along at one of your 30 mile/day paces either :lmao: though I know a slow potter for 8-10 hrs/day can take us quite a long way. Must have time for the wee drams though ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE