spermaceti

Jonboy83

Forager
Nov 2, 2011
Wales
what is it you would be after mate ? got something that might interest you, will have to call in for a cuppa when you get the chance :)

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Isn't that what we used to call Ambergris?
ambergris is whale vomit and is legal to sell, spemaceti is whale snot from deep in the skull. There is only two ways of getting spermaceti find it on a beach where it floated around the sea after coming out of a decaying whale, or kill a whale and smash its head open. Because it is very very illegal to a kill a sperm whale, spermaceti cant be sold on ebay. I have thought of making a moisturizer with it. A waterproofer wax can be made with it, and long burning candles can be made with it. It looks very much like parafin wax but harder.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
what is it you would be after mate ? got something that might interest you, will have to call in for a cuppa when you get the chance :)
Anything really Jono as its sitting in the drawer and I think it should be put to some use ....A leather sheath for the mora with a dangle bit.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Panic over what his brother thought was a solid lump of bug oil was the whale snot only Fi had attached a Bug oil sticker on the package, Oh how we laughed and laughed, then we took our Med and we were fine again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE