Spending 24 Hours In A Tree

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I had the honor of supporting Julia's treesit and visiting Luna. Whats still going on in forests is no less than part of the murder of the planet. I'm skating on thin ice, but imagine an old growth forest with 2000 year old trees reduced to barren ground, kerosene poured on the remaining slash and torched. Then the rains wash away the exposed and now sterile soil and suffocate salmon spawning grounds. One activist was murdered by an irate feller deliberatey dropping trees randomly. No charges filed. Several protestors using lock boxes had liquid pepper spray DABBED into their eyes for refusing to budge. It's still in court. www.circleoflife.org

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Nope record is not 2 years and 8 days.

I have a book called Amazing stories or something like that. Can't find it right now, but there was a guy who spend 12 years in a tree. He was provided with water and food in a basket and a rope. :wink:

I'll find the book later. (gotta go to the post office and get the kukri :eek:): )

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Nightfall, yes I was. I am well aware of peoples atitudes up there. Isn't it ironic? Pacific Lumber was a family owned business with exemplary conservation, business and employee relations. Then Charles ' charlie hussle" Hurwitz made a predatory takeover with junk bond financing from his buddies Barry Milken et all.I wish I could own half of the remaining 3% Coastal Redwoods in the world courtesy of Savings and Loan companies that went bankrupt and stole people's retirement. Of course the timbermen know it's them Earth Firsters! responsible for their children not having any future. Maybe they can become grape pickers because Hurwitz likes the idea of the area becoming wine vineyards after his "liquidation of assets". He can sip it from his apartment in texas wearing his signature black suits while writing out checks to Israel and cancer research in memory of his parents.

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
I also was there. When it comes to the earthfirsters! and timbermen I have to take a stance between them both. My wife is from a logging family and I see the need to protect the forest. But forests also need managing and stasainable logging practices. I have heard but dont know about its truth that when Hurwitz took over that there was 25 years of logging that was taken out in 5. The trees around me are 3rd and 4th growth. Many times one comes across a stump and one has to imanage what this tree was like. The only old growth redwood near me are in parks. There is a very different feeling between a forest of oldgrowth and a 4th growth forest.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Why take a stand between two groups who should be standing together? An EFer! isn't always a tie dyed, birkenstocked vegan with dreadlocks who wants the forests to stand mute and untouched. I was often accused by some volunteers as being an FBI plant because of my conservative appearance. The joke was I sniffed out a real plant and privately shared my concern for his health. Hurwitz got his start raiding the old simplicity clothing patterns assets and retirement fund. He chose one of the worst benefit companies for PL and was "shocked" at their failure. He acquired Kaiser Steel and has decimated that once proud company. Is there a pattern here? Nobody had even a passing thought about PL before. It's owners were exemplary timbermen. Henry Kaiser's yards built many of the ships we fought WW2 with. Judy Barrie moved the issue beyond tree hugging and reached out to the timbermen. I think timbermen better look beyond the next clearcut and paycheck. It's no coincidence every major lumber company is signing contracts with Russia for Siberia. Like the bumper sticker says " Earth First! We'll clearcut the moon later."

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
I totaly agree, there is a definate pattern when it comes to Hurwitz and his dealings. Standing between may not have been the best term. I see points of both, and sometimes I dont agree with either. This is part of why I am studing Natural History at school, To find out how everything ties into each other.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE