Spear point bushy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 18, 2005
Bucks
I tend to make my woodies/bushcrafters with a scandi drop but this one I did with a spear point. Classical 4mm O1 steel with a full blade quench and tempered to 59-60Rc. Maple burls scales 6mm aluminium pins and lanyard tube. It is 8.75’’ Long (220mm) with a 4’’ blade (105mm) and the blade is 29mm wide. Zero ground and its ridiculously sharp, so sharp I am not looking forwards to waxing the handle. Blade had been etched for pattern.

PICT0977.jpg

PICT0974.jpg

Thanks for looking. Can anyone think of a name for the design?

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Very nice mate, good mix between the wood and the pattern on the blade. I imagine it would have been easy to clash the two but you've obviously got a good eye. :)

Incidentally, how much would something like this cost? (Do you sell your knives? apologies if you don't.)

Oh, and I can't think of a name, I'm no good at that sort of thing. :(

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Very nice knife. It does kind of blend in to the stone path so how about chameleon? :rolleyes: Okay hit me. :twak:

You could either go with a name that conjures up the environment in which it might be used, boring number (a la Fallkniven) or something that the look of the knife suggests to you.

I'd probably go with the first choice and then if I didn't like anything I came up with I'd try the third choice.

How about: River Creek or Stony Brook? Just a couple of ideas that the colours and form suggested to me. I'll be back if I think of anything better. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE