Sparrowhawk

May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
great footage,this looks like a female to me,do you agree? the males are smaller and take smaller birds normally. I have a young male that visits my garden feeding station, causes chaos, I always know when he's around, hav'nt seen him miss yet!

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Great footage but a bit rough to watch to be honest. I'm not squeamish or particularly pro pidgeon but gee you got to feel sorry for the fella . D

May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
Would be interested to know,did anyone wade in and finish him off? or did he get left floundering in the ditch half eaten??? nite nite sleep tite don't let........................:D

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
Yep he was finished off, John was expecting it to end naturally sooner, it was a natural act so he didn't step in.I find loads of pigeon carcasses with their backs eaten out, I had always assumed it was a pretty quick kill but its a non vital area so maybe its always pretty lengthy.
Nature sure is red in tooth and claw.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I once disturbed a Sparrowhawk in a release pen when checking our pheasant poults......when I examined the point from which the hawk took wing, I discovered a poult still alive but immobile with flesh ripped from an egg shaped hole in its back.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE