Sparky's travels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Sparky..that's my electric bike...:roflmao: and me , ended up on a cliff top mild off road session today. At least outward bound, but I came home via the narrow Tarmac lane which runs just inland of my outward cross country route. Fourteen mile round trip with a stop for photos and a flask brew watching the Sea Birds.
Saw nobody, just sunshine and a warm sea breeze, oh! and about 500 noisy Razor Bills, Guillemots and the occasional beautiful Fulmar.

A fair bit of bad tempered pushing and shoving on the rock and much squawking too, rather like The House of Commons..:laugh:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
A great day out.

Have you noticed any reduction to the numbers of birds? Reason I ask is avian bird flu is wiping out a lot of bird colonies :( and I was wondering if you could see that as well

Reactions: crosslandkelly

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
" Have you noticed any reduction to the numbers of birds?"

On the contrary Mesquite, I know there is real concern for birds like the Puffins of the Scottish Isles, but here in Wales after a slight dip in bird numbers couple of years ago, the numbers are looking very healthy. Number given was a fraction under 39,000 for the survey.
This extract from an April 2022 report..
" Record numbers of puffins have been counted at two of Wales' most treasured wildlife homes. The islands are home to not only vast seabird colonies but also considered a wildlife haven enriched in diversity.

The Wildlife Trust of South & West Wales revealed the record breaking number for an additional year despite the bird being Red Listed and declared a conservation concern at risk of extinction. "

The local birds do not face the same problems as the North sea birds. Over fishing, Oil Drilling Fields and Wind Farms must in my opinion make life difficult for sea birds up there and that's without any bird diseases adding to the threat.

Not yet Crosslandkelly. There is an "Eco campsite " along the coast a short distance from home. Hikers and bikers only, no vehicles allowed. I thought I might give it a try, even if only to see how I would load Sparky up with camping gear.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Yes Billy, mine is the Eskute Polluno Electric City bike. The specification for this bike is similar to the slightly more expensive Polluno City Pro Commuter.
Same battery power,weight etc: but the Pro Commuter has a 9 speed gear while mine has a 7 speed.
Mine is good for about 65 miles (depending on usage) The Pro Commuter shows 80 miles range, probably because of the extra gearing but it was £500 dearer so I decided to just pedal harder..:laugh:

If it matters, these bikes are made in Poland, not the Far East, and well made too. I had a question about battery charging and the response email from the Eskute Customer Service team was instant, clear and impressive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE