Spalted Hazel and Book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
please excuse the poor photos natural light is in short supply in lincoln today

Stickmaking Handbook Reviised Edition by Andrew Jones and Clive George

Brilliant little book with loads of info on selecting and cutting shanks, seasoning and methods for making different style handles out of wood, bone, antler and horn. i've only had it a week or so found another version in a charity shop and can't justify having 2
£6 posted buyer picks up fees

IMAG0041.jpg

Spalted Hazel Log.

this is fully seasoned bought it with the intention of making a walking stick handle out of it but couldn't think of a way to use it without wasting most of it, should be able to get some scales out of it easily though. the splits in the ends don't go all the way through they're only a few millimetres deep caused by the seasoning process. nice interesting piece of wood hazel spalts white which is unusual (for me at any rate). 9cm x 8cm and 12cm long

say £8 posted buyer picks up fees again.

IMAG0043-1.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

i'm also open to trades on either item i need a new blade for my laplander saw or make an offer

cheers
matt

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE