Spalted Birch

Hunkyfunkster

Mar 2, 2015
Loch Lomond
I love your spoons. You are definitely a craftsman.

What tools do you use? I bought a Robin Wood spoon knife, but I'm not happy with the quality of the blade edge. I'm going to have to regrind it cos it's a bit wavy. Different parts of the blade cut at different times. It's hard to explain. Anyway, just wondering cos I'll be carving again as soon as my arm gets better. Hoping one day I'll be up to your standard

Reactions: Kepis

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I love your spoons. You are definitely a craftsman.

What tools do you use? I bought a Robin Wood spoon knife, but I'm not happy with the quality of the blade edge. I'm going to have to regrind it cos it's a bit wavy. Different parts of the blade cut at different times. It's hard to explain. Anyway, just wondering cos I'll be carving again as soon as my arm gets better. Hoping one day I'll be up to your standard

Cheers ears,

I use Ben Orford spoon and Sloyd knives mainly as i find them comfortable to use and they hold a good edge, but my most used fixed blade for spoon carving is the Mora Basic Wood Carving knife, i also use a Nic Westerman Twca Cam a lot too for initial roughing out. Ive not used a RW spoon knife, if anyone has one they want to get rid off, id be happy to take it off their hands and give it a try :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE