Space Problems?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I was trying to find pictures of the different types of snaring i've used on the google but couldn't find them, all the snaring types i have used i learnt from this book download

Nessmuk

no you can snare birds too just different technique and slightly illegal here in UK :eek: i'm sure you could grab pigeons if you are not as big and slow as me

the maori used to catch woodpigeons [and other birds] by different methods of trapping- apperantly they did not use bow and arrow or slings... - one of them was a wooden through filled with bait and snares all around; but that would be not very practical on a hiking trip [carrying a wooden trough in your backpack willlead to space problems :p] .....

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I used to favour capital T shaped pegs with 2 snare nooses hanging from the end of the arms of the T shapes and bait scattered around below them, set them before dusk and check them at dawn, i'd ideally prefer to use twitch up snares but they are heavily frowned upon legally, if it was a real survival situation i wouldn't think twice about using them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE