South Wales Feb 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Venue for the Feb meet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi Guys

In view of the numbers that it seems will be attending this meet may I sugest an another alternative venue for consideration - Yellow Wood.

This would give us tree dwellers plenty of room for hammocking, good facilities for shovel runs, good parking, and most importantly easy access for all the beer and food.

ATB

Stewart

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Hi Guys

In view of the numbers that it seems will be attending this meet may I sugest an another alternative venue for consideration - Yellow Wood.

This would give us tree dwellers plenty of room for hammocking, good facilities for shovel runs, good parking, and most importantly easy access for all the beer and food.

ATB

Stewart

Yes, see what your saying there Stewart, however, in my experience so far, the amount of people who SAY they are coming and the amount who actually turn up is usually two different things. I'm not having a pop at anyone or critisizing but many people with all good intentions, commit, yet when it comes to the crunch, something occurs and they dont to come. It's happened to me (once:eek: ) and i've no doubt it will happen again, i've just got a feeling that i'll know everyone on sight. I'd love to be proven wrong though.:rolleyes:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
At any time of the year John, and it would make a change to see you in pink.

BNI has heaps of space. For parking we could run a ferry if it gets really full.

It is white not Pink!

This year we are doing "Babes in the Wood - and Robin Hood" - quite good for a bushcraft meet!
I insist that we do a costume meet!

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
costume meet !
in that case im coming as a" bushcrafter in winter plummage" does that count ?on a more serious note if parking is an issue try to arrange car sharing ( god i sound like Ken Livingstone ) Or perhaps we should search out a camp site thats on a bus route LOL. sorry im in one of those daft moods..but maybe ........ pack- horse.......cablecar ............teleportation booth ....going off on a tangent again !
Hey what about "BCUK the movie " a musical, thriller , costume drama think of it as a clever combination of The Matrix and Mary Poppins . But im affraid well have to do all our own stunts because CGI takes too long and would mean taking a laptop in to the woods , not very bushcraft! Im not drunk ! how dare you !
comments please i think its got legs ...................oh no it hasnt .
cheers
Rolly

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
costume meet !
in that case im coming as a" bushcrafter in winter plummage" does that count ?on a more serious note if parking is an issue try to arrange car sharing ( god i sound like Ken Livingstone ) Or perhaps we should search out a camp site thats on a bus route LOL. sorry im in one of those daft moods..but maybe ........ pack- horse.......cablecar ............teleportation booth ....going off on a tangent again !
Hey what about "BCUK the movie " a musical, thriller , costume drama think of it as a clever combination of The Matrix and Mary Poppins . But im affraid well have to do all our own stunts because CGI takes too long and would mean taking a laptop in to the woods , not very bushcraft! Im not drunk ! how dare you !
comments please i think its got legs ...................oh no it hasnt .
cheers
Rolly

I'll have what he's drinking!

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
OK peep's, times getting close, anyone got a good suggestion for a venue for this get together? I know we have a choice but i think we aught to pin a place down so people can start planning. All suggestions gratefully recieved.:rolleyes: ;)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I'm up for it,I've only been to BNI and GP so I'll go along with the more experienced guys.Happy to go anywhere really.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Somewhere easy to get to by road...just incase it snows or the roads are icy!
I can see BNI getting cut off easily wheras GP is probably gritted right up to the parking!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
GP has more shelter with the trees.

By the way, as it's a special event. We seem to be doing a 'food theme'

I'm going to do a venison and pheasant casserole and Will; a Goose I believe.

Anyone else up for doling out a little food?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE