South/Hampshire meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Right, in the absense of anyone else making a suggestion...heres one to start off.....

Friday 8th of December, 7pm, Queens Head, Colden Common (or the Chase Inn in Walthams Chase which I quite like)

Red

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I'm not going to get involved with the decision making as I'll need to check my wifes rota once a decision has been made anyway.

But I'm happy to camp or drink just let me know dates.

Paul

Hi Gents,

I've viewed your thread and if i can do it I like to attend whatever your up to - if thats ok :eek:

I was trying to work out where the meet might be and it would appear that you are gonna meet at Walthams Chase - not been able to find it on either google earth or the aa route planner. Could you please give me an idea of where it is near so I can work out if it is viable?

Best regards,

Phil.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
TMKTC

The Chase Inn
Winchester Rd, Waltham Chase, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2LL

Does that help (try multimap or PM me)

Red

British Red said:
TMKTC

The Chase Inn
Winchester Rd, Waltham Chase, Southampton, Hampshire SO32 2LL

Does that help (try multimap or PM me)

Red

Thanks Red,

Just done an aa route planner and it looks like a 222mile and 5 hour round trip - perhaps a bit to far to go for a lemonade, packet of crisps and a chat - although I'd love to put some faces to some names. Perhaps an overnighter or weekend trip in the New Year or Spring then?

Cheers,

Phil.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Waltham chase is here the pub The Chase (used to be The Fountain) is just outside the village to the north and is on the main road B2177 if you zoom on this map to OS size you can see it marked.

lou

you beat me too it!! a curse on my slow one fingered typing

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
TMKTC,

Sounds good - we'll work something out! I'm sure either we'll have a South meet or I'll send you some other meet up stuff for Feb

Red

Red,

That would be great! :You_Rock_

We are getting one of the Tundra 8 Lavvus with stove so if it would be ok to bring SHMBLT and my son we'd love to attend :)

I've got a couple of trips planned for next year. Going on Islay Journeyman with Jeremy Hastings next June and taking my dad on the Ray Mears Fundamental Bushcraft in August. I'd really like to get a better handle on all things bushcrafty before then and I'd love some help and advise on setting up my tarp, hammock, underblanket before August - so I hope that there will be plenty of opportunities before then.

Cheers,

Phil.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Well,

This was offically my first 'underage' pub! So I am familar with it, and would love to come, just to meet some of you guys. So I am in. Not a bad pub either ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE