South/Hampshire meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
If its in Hampshire then I'll probably be up for a jar. But Sussex is a tad of a drive just for an hour or so.

Bout to move house this weekend so will be a bit busy for the next few weeks sorting it all out but should be able to squeeze an evening in.

It is odd how it turned into a pub meet though , I think Buckley was implying an actual outdoors meet. :p LOL

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Fantastic idea Womble, can you make enquiries?

It might be worth checking if the water supply has been switched on as well.

For those of you who don't know, Hannams Copse is about 10 acres of broadleaf woodland with hazel copise and beach.

Is rented but our district scout group and open fires are allowed

A very nice site not far from Odiham

Nice one John

david

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I'll see what I can find out. Even if it's not used this time it's DEFINATELY a good idea for the future!

P.S. I'm now building a Chaos Space marine force to go with my 'nids... :D

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Sweet,

Obviously I am in, don't know you guys but would be good to to meet you all I am sure! Keep me informed with progress. Thanks for the replies

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Wayne said:
I am happy to host a small meet in my woods.

I will check when I am not using it for courses.

There would be a minimal charge for camping.
Nice one Wayne....I also think you should come empty handed and we all provide for you this time........
I do like arundel, great memories there.....

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
OK, I'm in.Pub or woods.
We now need a 'leader' to make some arrangements.a date and venue so we can um and arr a bit before half of us cant make it.
If the Prince of Wales is under new management(and Espy can now enter after they've removed the garlic :lmao: ),thats a pub meet.
I should be able to get out for an overnighter at Waynes too.
Shall we do both?

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
So what areas are we looking at then? I've never been on one befrore! What usually goes on at these things apart from the obvious? Is it overly serious chat about the various grinds on bushcraft knives, and the debate surrouding 01 carbon steel Vs VG-10 etc etc, or is is a relaxed informal atmosphere where you get a chance to learn and practice new skills ;) ?

I am hoping for the later, is booze allowed?

Oh, despite spending the last four evenings in my garden, I still can't start a fire with char cloth and a flint and steel, is it my crappy nato issue flint and steel (its worn down really quickly and doesn't spark much?????) or is it my technique? Any tips? I am hoping a fire master will be able to show me the error of my ways if there is a meet, if I manage it by the end of the meet i'll get a round in!

Oh, being a noobie i'd really like to carve a spoon, any advice :D ?

Cheers,

Buckley

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Buckley,

I promise to teach you flint and steel if its an outdoors meet (and I mean real flint and real steel - none of that Nato firesteel stuff). I'll bring a fire piston as well...got some fomes and a load of cramp balls too

Red

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
If its a pub meet,there is techie talk occasionally.
In the woods.......you will definately learn lots.Booze is compulsory.
Bushcrafters exel at passing skills to each other so on an overnighter you can carve the whole cutlery set and everyone will show you how.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Wayne another meet down at your place would be great. Would hope I can make it.

Buckley if you make it down to Dartmoor, then there will be lots of time to do some of the stuff you mentioned above there too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE