Source for thumbstick handle (Antler 'Y')

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Help being sort....
...does any one know of a good source of antler as i'm after the thumb rest at the top of a walking stick (making a present for my father) All i can find is 2 sites offering antler.

One is a stick maker the other is Woodlore, to be honest the stick maker is winning unless any of you have had dealings with woodlore specifically getting this material from them.

Just harvested and de-barked the shaft today, so i got a month or so to get the antler and Buffulo for the handle (i'm fine for a source of Horn)

Cheers
Mojo

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Dare I mention that I managed to pick up some good bits from the evil bay once or twice - always worth a look and I have seen individual pieces go for under a fiver on occasions :)

ATB
Dave

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
ive just bought 11 antlers of ebay for just under £25 so im happy with the price im going to carve some firesteel handles and walking stick tops ......you could always try there. single antlers usually go for around £3-£4

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Is there a retail shop on the bay or is it just personal sellers?....just a bit wary of the bay, and dont't want to fuel the drug trade/crimes against humanity with my £3-4
Cheers for your help.

Mojo

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
i cant vouch for the fella selling me the antlers mate ..........just as anyone on here can be anyone or anything, all i can say hes been very good with me in his description , communication and postage.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Excellent...I'll check the evil bay and see if my other lines bare fruit, but if that fails Highland horn it is!
THey seem well stocked

Thanks

Mojo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE