source for mini bic lighters?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Anyone got a walk in source for mini bic lighters - I've tried all the local supermarkets so am a little stumped

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
dont think thers a local one to me, I've a pound world and a pound land and I've tried them already

will have to go on a hunt

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
thats the sort of thing and they are avalible on Amazon but I'd rather go and get them - will try the tescos superstore close to home

thanks

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I really prefer the mini clipper lighters as they are refillable and you can replace the flints. I have shown them to some American cousins and they have shown a lot of interest because they are more practical than the mini bics. They are avialable at most poundlands and similar stores.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I really prefer the mini clipper lighters as they are refillable and you can replace the flints. I have shown them to some American cousins and they have shown a lot of interest because they are more practical than the mini bics. They are avialable at most poundlands and similar stores.

Dont tell me there are mini clipper lighters out there I've only just found a source for the mini bics !- There’s a tobacconist on my way to the tube that sports them But I didn’t see any mini clippers now I'm going to have to go looking for them :D

Last edited:

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK

agree with above, the mini Clipper can be refilled and flint replaced the mini bic cannot (the whole flint striker assembly can pulled out/pushed in and this alone will light cotton wool and a gas stove). Poundland sell mini clippers, and they are also commonly found on market stalls that sell smoking stuff. Tip:- just to add if your lighter gets wet just run the wheel over some clothing/trouser leg in the same direction as when lighting it (it dries it quickly and it will re-light even after being totally soaked, sorry you probably knew that).

the striker unit alone will light cotton wool and even a gas stove
03f5eb3b-c52e-4702-95f1-b0fbd699b4b7.jpg

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I do like clippers - I just needed a small flat lighter for my edc wallet kit

I will certainly be looking out for a mini clipper!

Ever seen a "metal match" lighter? I don't think there is anything smaller - approx. 4.8 x 3 x 1cm. You strike the "match" on a ferro rod embedded in the side of the case which holds lighter fluid. Even if it ran dry it is still a (small) ferro rod. Very tough, waterproof and very inexpensive. Just Google it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE