Sound of Jura

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'm up near Kilmartin (West coast of Scotland) with the grand kids for a week. Does anyone know the area? Is there any worthwhile fishing on the Sound of Jura?

I don't want to be driving the kids for hours to take them fishing (especially if they don't catch) but if there's no decent fishing along the Sound I'll plan other activities:)

Reactions: FerlasDave

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
try on https://www.pinfishing.com/rubric/preview/38338/fishing-on-lake-kilmannan-reservoir and the map may show spots close to where you are

worth noting regulations change thru the year thus be best to check out before you cast-out

this is interesting on the sound of jura

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I visited Islay a few years back, and portnahaven and port askaig were great for pollock and coalfish- they are very similar layout to the sound itself. Anywhere with a bit of depth and flow should provide pollock around there- have a look on garmin's navionics charts online. A carolina rig with a 1oz drilled bullet and a small sandeel lure with a single hook works well, cheap, simple, effective and less shaggy than multiple hook rigs.

Reactions: knowledge=gain

Wandering Fred

Oct 1, 2018
Dorset
A lot of history around Kilmartin, so walks around the barrows & cairns, Crinan Canal is a nice stroll, the church in Kilmartin is worth a visit, Knapdale Beaver Trail & Taynish Nature Reserve is on the road which heads to Keillmore which is on the Sound of Jura.
There is a fishing tackle shop (Fyne Tackle) in Lochgilphead which will have info regarding fishing.

Wandering Fred

Oct 1, 2018
Dorset
Yep, Kilmartin is a beautiful area but a bit short on teenager fun & entertainment!
Shame that the Kilmartin Museum is closed for refurbishment until next year as you could have taken them there too. Loads of grandparent brownie points. :happy::angelic2::whistling:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE