Sound of Jura

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I'm up near Kilmartin (West coast of Scotland) with the grand kids for a week. Does anyone know the area? Is there any worthwhile fishing on the Sound of Jura?

I don't want to be driving the kids for hours to take them fishing (especially if they don't catch) but if there's no decent fishing along the Sound I'll plan other activities:)

Reactions: FerlasDave

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
try on https://www.pinfishing.com/rubric/preview/38338/fishing-on-lake-kilmannan-reservoir and the map may show spots close to where you are

worth noting regulations change thru the year thus be best to check out before you cast-out

this is interesting on the sound of jura

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I visited Islay a few years back, and portnahaven and port askaig were great for pollock and coalfish- they are very similar layout to the sound itself. Anywhere with a bit of depth and flow should provide pollock around there- have a look on garmin's navionics charts online. A carolina rig with a 1oz drilled bullet and a small sandeel lure with a single hook works well, cheap, simple, effective and less shaggy than multiple hook rigs.

Reactions: knowledge=gain

Wandering Fred

Oct 1, 2018
Dorset
A lot of history around Kilmartin, so walks around the barrows & cairns, Crinan Canal is a nice stroll, the church in Kilmartin is worth a visit, Knapdale Beaver Trail & Taynish Nature Reserve is on the road which heads to Keillmore which is on the Sound of Jura.
There is a fishing tackle shop (Fyne Tackle) in Lochgilphead which will have info regarding fishing.

Wandering Fred

Oct 1, 2018
Dorset
Yep, Kilmartin is a beautiful area but a bit short on teenager fun & entertainment!
Shame that the Kilmartin Museum is closed for refurbishment until next year as you could have taken them there too. Loads of grandparent brownie points. :happy::angelic2::whistling:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE