sorry everyone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
it seems the incident about dead animals in photos was all my fault. so to everyone i offended, i'm sorry. it will not be repeated. it never occured to me that anyone would be upset.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Graham_S said:
it seems the incident about dead animals in photos was all my fault. so to everyone i offended, i'm sorry. it will not be repeated. it never occured to me that anyone would be upset.

Hi mate,
you at least didnt offend me! Why should I be offended, you kept your cloth on and made a very nice smile into the camera. :D

PS As it is now forbidden to show dead animal pictures, could you please teach me how to use the hide code. I tried it out now but nothing is working. Otherwise I could have shown you my friend. :rolleyes:

cheers
Abbe

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Abbe Osram said:
Hi mate,
you at least didnt offend me! Why should I be offended, you kept your cloth on and made a very nice smile into the camera. :D

PS As it is now forbidden to show dead animal pictures, could you please teach me how to use the hide code. I tried it out now but nothing is working. Otherwise I could have shown you my friend. :rolleyes:

cheers
Abbe

Abbe, I don't think that the 'hide' code is working here. Guess you can add a link with a warning or better, put any such images like these into the 'Fair Game' sub-forum.

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
Graham_S said:

Mate, I don't think there's anything to apologise for! You stimulated a debate that clarified a point - a community in action!

As an aside, it's got to be said that if the University that Andy's is studying at is anything like the ones I've worked at, he's probably breaking the rules on appropriate use of computing facilities by reading BCUK in the labs

(Oops, time to duck and cover...)

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
boaty said:
As an aside, it's got to be said that if the University that Andy's is studying at is anything like the ones I've worked at, he's probably breaking the rules on appropriate use of computing facilities by reading BCUK in the labs

(Oops, time to duck and cover...)
I'm not :D there are computer rooms in a few places that mostly get used for msn. My mates think it's wierd and scary (not as scary as when I was talking to Guycep though) and I got a suggestion not to load up pics like that from staff.

I just hope I haven't offended Graham in anyway by using that as an example in the thread about it.

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
Andy said:
I'm not :D there are computer rooms in a few places that mostly get used for msn. My mates think it's wierd and scary (not as scary as when I was talking to Guycep though) and I got a suggestion not to load up pics like that from staff.

I just hope I haven't offended Graham in anyway by using that as an example in the thread about it.

Sorry mate - Clause 9.2 - sounds like some of the people looking over your shoulder are suffering "needless anxiety"

Not picking on you, just pointing out that what can be transmitted over academic networks is regulated

And of course I'm a hypocrite cos I read BCUK on campus; it's just that I do it in the comfort of my office...

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Abbe Osram said:

cheers
Abbe

Err, when did showing dead animal pictures get forbidden Abbe? I said, twice, that they were fine on the forum, in the appropriate place. Dead animals is a part of bushcraft and there's plenty of space for pictures to be put up.

Graham_S said:
it seems the incident about dead animals in photos was all my fault. so to everyone i offended, I’m sorry. it will not be repeated. it never occurred to me that anyone would be upset.

No worries Graham, it was a fair point, it's one of those subject areas where people have strong opinions and this can come out in the posts. No one is to blame for that.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Graham_S said:

I missed this one Graham.

Personally I don't like eating live animals.

It's a shame that we have lost the connection between what's on the plate and where it came from.An occasional reminder hurts no one.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
BorderReiver said:
I missed this one Graham.

Personally I don't like eating live animals.

It's a shame that we have lost the connection between what's on the plate and where it came from.An occasional reminder hurts no one.

Hear! Hear!

Cheers,
Toddy ('cept I don't like eating dead ones either ;) )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE