Sony PlayStation 3 Console wtd

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
mines gone bottom up, something to do with the clock not being able to go to 01/03/2010.. was in the paper this morning, so wait and see if it is that, sony are working on a fix

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
mines gone bottom up, something to do with the clock not being able to go to 01/03/2010.. was in the paper this morning, so wait and see if it is that, sony are working on a fix

it's a nitemare m8 .... have u any phone numbers for getting it fixed

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
the artcle i on page 3 of the sun. 0870 5111999 is the number i found from a quick google. my problem is all my game saves/trophies have been deleted grrr!! is it within 12 months old and do any lights flash/make bleeping sounds when turned on? a quick google should also help if you search what happens with the light on the front

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
when you switch it on the green light comes on then turns yellow then beeps 3 times and flashes red....... does that sound rite m8

grantdan

Forager
Feb 5, 2010
South Wales Valleys
no that sounds to me like rrod, i think its a failure of the heatsink on the motherboard. if its within 12 months take it back, if not sony do a refurb for around 120 quid, otherwise theres videos on youtube on home fixing if u feel upto it

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
no that sounds to me like rrod, i think its a failure of the heatsink on the motherboard. if its within 12 months take it back, if not sony do a refurb for around 120 quid, otherwise theres videos on youtube on home fixing if u feel upto it
Aye....what he said.....It's not the end o' yer PS3 world....an' is a common prob wi' the mk2/3 models...(I have an old 60gb mk1 model...so not affected by bad H'sync troubles). I managed t' miss the 29th o' feb bug completly! due t' being out in the woods fer that w'end....phew. Came back an' heard the news, an' quickly changed the date an' time manually in 'systems menu'......bloody lucky methinks......23 million PS3'S went down that day!.:eek:
Sony have now sorted the prob'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE