Some questions from a bushmoot newbie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Never been to the bushmoot, but this year Im determind to get full site membership and to go to the bushmoot. However I have a few questions to ask you busmoot veterans...

1. Will it matter that at the time I'll only be 17? Especially regarding carrying knives?

2. What sort of facilities are there to camp? In other words, if I go all week, will I be able to have a proper shower?

3. Is there a bow making masterclass?

4. How much does it cost?

5. Anyone know the dates this year?

6. What's the naughty corner?

I'll probably come up with some more questions...
Otherwise, lookforward to seeing you there!
Dan

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Never been to the bushmoot, but this year Im determind to get full site membership and to go to the bushmoot. However I have a few questions to ask you busmoot veterans...

1. Will it matter that at the time I'll only be 17? Especially regarding carrying knives?

2. What sort of facilities are there to camp? In other words, if I go all week, will I be able to have a proper shower?

4. How much does it cost?

5. Anyone know the dates this year?

I'll probably come up with some more questions...
Otherwise, lookforward to seeing you there!
Dan

1. not sure, You can't buy one, that's certain.
  2. There is a toilet block with showers.
  3. Probably, but all tutorials will be announced closer to the time
  4. Price will be announced nearer the time
  5. dates are 5th-10th August
  6. if you have to ask, you're not old enough to know... ;)

Hi Dan, this year was my first time down at the moot and it was great, you won't be disappointed. There was plenty of courses this year ranging from flint knapping, photography and willow basket making.

Yes there is a shower block but if you like warm or hot showers best to get in early.

There was a couple of courses in bowmaking at the moot, one for bamboo bows and another for father and son bows (still not sure if that is the name of a bow or just for father and sons). It all depends on what people are looking to teach.

A place where you won't get much sleep.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Thanks guys. Have since got the rough jist of the naughty corner after searching around.
As far as knives, I have a few and my parents are quite happy for me to use them. I'm a scout young leader so teach knife safety and know its importance. Just wondering if being 17 would mean I would need a parent and also whether I would be allowed to carry a knife.

Ta
Dan

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
There was a couple of courses in bowmaking at the moot, one for bamboo bows and another for father and son bows (still not sure if that is the name of a bow or just for father and sons). It all depends on what people are looking to teach.
QUOTE]

Hi Dan

I am sure we will get the age question clarrified for you shortly.

As to the bows. In the past we have had masterclasses that lasted a couple of days run by Bardster. Last year Wayne from Forest Knights ran a Buteneese (bamboo) bow making course. I ran the course for making Father & Son bows. That is quickie bows (range up to 70m) that adults and children can make. Could just as well be called Mother & Daughter bows.

If I am there next year I may run a course if people want.

Cheers

George

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
George, sounds great! Ive always fancied a proper bow but I wouldnt have anywhere to use it and would love to learn to make one of your "father and son" bows to play with and possibly teach my scouts. If your up for it, I'd definitely be interested in doing this course!

Dan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE