Some Pics From Random Wanderings

To illustrate that not all who wander are lost...I made it back to my pc to upload these :)

I haven't been out and about in the woods all that much lately.... mostly I've been spending some time getting acquainted with the new camera every chance I get. I've been messing around with it in different settings, lightings, and using different subjects... mostly in urban settings.

These are pics I took the day I got it...so not very good.

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

Some corn grown on a WMA by the agriculture dept of the local university, and some wild edibles

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

I'm wondering if I could use these onion seeds like I use mustard seed in my soups. I grind up mustard seeds to add a bit of flavor.

DSC_0206.jpg

Then I went for a wander down town and I took some shots down at the art district the other night, these are all some pretty long exposures.

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

Then Monday I played around with a belt grinder and an end mill and modified the pry bar on one of my HESTs a bit. I got a little more carried away than I meant to but...it works like I wanted it to now, and doesn't hang on clothing or poke me in the side anymore.

DSC_0555.jpg

I can now use the HEST to pry my frozen-shut truck door open this winter using only one hand if needs be. Before the wedge shape of the pry bar just slid out if I didn't hold it in place and the movement scratched the paint. The door is actually closed and locked so I didn't pry it far...just enough to see that I could.

DSC_0522.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

So now this is most of my minimal "urban-tooling" while walking around shooting photos now.

IMG_2029.jpg

These are some shots I took down at Coolidge Park.

DSC_0579.jpg

DSC_0604cropped.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

So far I'm really liking the new camera :)

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Those are great pics, a very diverse range of subjects.

Looks like you will be having great fun with your new camera, I look forward to seeing more pics!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE