Some people have all the luck...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I had to visit the doctors today and the little wifey drove me there and she decided to wait in the car whilst I was inside being poked, prodded and having to blow into things :(

She wasn't alone for too long as this little lady came along to keep her company. By all accounts it sat there for quite a while as she got several shots but this was the best one :cool:

Sorry about the quality of the photo but it's a new phone to her and she's not got used to the zoom feature (if truth be told she didn't know where the zoom feature was til I told her) :lmao: She of course had to show me just what I'd missed :rolleyes:

IMAG0012.jpg

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Cool - I always get a buzz from seeing wildlife - especially birds of prey.

Got a real thrill yesterday though when a woodcock flew up about 5 yards from me - only the second I've ever seen - no chance of a pic though.

Chasing Rainbows

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2011
Central Scotland
It's a sparrowhawk right? Nice photo, she looks like she's waiting for something to come down the street. Or maybe eying up a nearby bird-table.

They seem to be becoming more at home in human environments. We had one terrorise the garden birds in my locale for a number of years. Sadly, I found it dead this spring. It had been hit by a car.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
That's sweet, our lass wouldn't have even noticed it never mind take a piccy

I'm slowly introducing her to the idea that there's a lot around of things that go on around us if she'd only open her eyes and look :rolleyes:

The irony of this is that just a few days earlier I'd been saying how 'sterile' our garden is, we don't seem to get the variety of birds and wildlife I used to in other homes I lived in.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Nice sighting indeed. I got this one of a barn owl recently, sitting in a tree 7 feet away and not bothered at all by me looking at it.

IMGP0241.jpg

Always when you are not expecting it, never when you are looking for it.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
cracking pic...couldve watched that all day.

i was sat watching a buzzard the other day. keeping so still as to not spook it. the second i actually went to grab my phone, it spooked and flew off...typical!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE