Some leather work and knives (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I finally got around to finishing a few projects over the last week and thought I'd share a few pictures. As always my photography sucks, so sorry about that :( But, thanks for looking :)

First up is a rifle sling with oak leaf tooling and initials. I've padded this one and fully lined it on the reverse with a high quality soft leather.

This is a leather possibles pouch I made from some Oryx leather I got from Mark Stotesbury of this forum. The leather had loads of character and was really unusual. I did a bit of tooling on the veg tan parts, but I wanted it to be subtle, so I dyed in such a way that it wasn't highlighted very much. This is a very small belt pouch, something to keep essential kit on a belt but not big enough to get in the way.

I made a little pocket slip for a bic lighter and my SAK farmer from the offcuts of the Oryx leather. You can see it in the picture below along with the contents of the belt pouch and an enzo necker:

Below is an enzo necker I handled in stabilized elm burr. I really like enzo knives and this little necker is perfect for taking on a day hike should the need arise to use it. I've made a simple neck sheath to go with it. The pictures definitely don't do the wood justice. In real life there are shades of brown, green, orange, red and pink going through the handle.

Last is a Spyderco Mule in CTS XHP. I cannot say enough good things about this knife. I've been using it without scales as my main leather knife for some time now and it is excellent. Now that I've handled it in Arizona desert ironwood burl, it is even more comfortable to use. This thing sharpens easily and holds and edge for ages. A strop here and there and it is hair popping sharp and strong enough to cut event he thickest veg tan.
This one doesn't have a sheath yet as it is usually on my desk, but I might knock something simple up to keep it safe when not in use.

Last edited:

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Thank you all so much for the kind words :) I'm hoping to finish another knife in the next week with a rawhide sheath, so should be a little different :)

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Thanks, guys. I have four more pieces of that elm, and the one I've used is the least impressive. I have another Mule blade here that will be handled in the nicest piece :D

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
The design on the possibles pouch is lovely bud, andnd the oak leaf tooling on the strap is pretty neat. Any chance of a pic of the back?

Ste

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE