Some good stuff for swaps....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Hi,

Here's a few things I'm after, but open to offers and barter:

45 / 50 Litre pack
Cheap LED headtorches (x2)
(New) Small green microfibre towel
Fairbain's 'Get Tough' book
'Drinksafe' system
Might be tempted by a Thermarest
Baynette/dagger type knife with 5" (ish) blade
Hot waterbottles (x2)
Warm waterproof gloves

Here's the stuff I have for swaps:

206.jpg

Selection of lighters and cases
Zippo style lighters (x2), one on the right has a 'Trans Am' and pheonix emblem, used but both in working order.
Harley Davidson zippo style empty case, used
Alien head is a gas refillable (some nice engraving on the back too of UFO's), again used but in working order
And a Marlboro heavy duty case to protect and easily id your Bic lighter. Good as new. Note: now with working lighter!

203-1.jpg

Basha is 2.3 x 2.5m great quality, NEVER used good as new, has 15 secure webbing loops, cost me £30 delivered when new

207.jpg

Really nice quality, genuine zippo leather carry case with belt loop, never used it as I had just quit smoking when it was bought for me, cost £16 when bought

016-1.jpg

Left to right:-

SWAPPED Compact Golck machete

Eigth Air Force 18 cm blade made by Arizona, Tramontia, chrome Molybdenum- Brazil rebeveled, now cuts hair off your arm (big grin!) full tang, good sheath with belt loop- better than new

Stainless knife by Winchester, hardly used, 9 cm blade with lanyard hole in handle, full tang + sheath with belt loop

Stainless folding knife with lock made by True Utility with belt clip and one hand opening, good as new- 53 mm blade, 128 mm overall

Folding Pruning knife by Draper- Expert PK8, good as new

SWAPPED Tobacco pouch

New 90 litre PLCE system in olive green made by Web-tex.
Features: It has 2 detachable pouches that make up a usefull 20 litre daysack when combined with the yoke (included).
Small front pouch, 2 zipped lid pockets, padded shoulder and waist belt, removable internal aluminium frame, compression straps, plenty of places to strap on extras.
Made from 1000 denier waterproof cordura.
Never been used, near perfect condition, but it has a slight fray on one of the straps.

504.jpg

503.jpg

New I paid £65, pm me with offers

Kenwood KDC-309R CD head unit
011-1.jpg

'Splinter cell' the game for the Nintendo DS
012-1.jpg

Brand new, never used Welder gauntlets, great for around the fire
252.jpg

Second hand folding shovel case and webbing pouch (I have the shovel as well if interested, perfect condition)
260.jpg

Thanks to all the following members for previous trades: Tony (White bear), jimmyh, DanDan The man called Dan, waddcal, kawasemi, sensi5446, Rancid badger, launditch1 and Mesquie.

If what you want to swap is worth more than the item you want, I'm sure we can come to some agreement.

And I guess I could always use some WHS / M&S / Amazon vouchers if you have any laying around. PM me with offers

Last edited:

waddcal

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
Solihull
i am interested in the rucksack cover and balaclava, but i dont have much to swap,
i wouldnt mind buying them.

Callum.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi just for your info the desert kit is commonly known as:

either "6 colour Desert camo" or "chocolate chip camo" this style clothing is known as BDU (Battle Dress Uniform).

both items are US army issue and were issued before and during Gulf war one, untill the US realized that the camo didn't work!!
gulfuni1.jpg

This camo was designed for rocky deserts found in the US but the Gulf was more sandy.
which is why they designed the "3 colour" camo (if you google the camo remember the US spelling "color" rather than "colour")
image005.jpg

apparently if dyed the underlying colours still stand out so a dye of green or brown would make a really good camo for the UK! :) (the buttons will remain a sandy colour though)

Hope that helps!

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Thanks for the info RAPPLEBY2000.
I wondered where I got this from! I bet this is came from my uncle during the 1st golf war. He gave me several bits of good kit during that time.
(I'm a kit monster!!)

taws6

Nomad
Jul 27, 2007
Anglia
Wasn't that the 'pringle diamond' camo ??????

I think it was, Saudi ninja warriors walk on sand, and water!! lol

BTW The whistle has gone

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi taws6,
just wondering what size are the desert BDU's,

if they are my size i would be interested.

I'm around 5'11" (XL size top half)
36" waist 32" leg

are they anywhere near that size?:eek:

Cheers
Rich

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
that sort of sounds about the right size(I think), I'd be interesting in dying them, as i suggested. keep them to one side for me, I'll just check what you wanted(forgotten:rolleyes: ) PM sent

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE