Trip Report Some bow shootin and woods relaxin.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ayup all.

Was out last weekend with a couple of friends and my lad.
This was his first time on a "two nighter.." and he did me proud as he always does. Chipped in when asked, no tears except for grasping the nettle, "literally" to use an over used term :) ,, poor lad.
Slept on his own in his tent, well with Victor the viking teddy to stand guard.

We ate burgers, poked fires, bows, arrows, target shooting, looking for bugs, the usual stuff.

Our setup. My Tarp would have been slightly over his tent but I forgot to take a shot before half packing away. We could chat before sleep and any issues I was arms length. Especially handy when a murder of crows came in at 5am and lit the place up!

ObEWZe9.jpg

Playing cards on the all new X-box :)

nty6XOq.jpg

Face full of burger

PCnQJlO.jpg

We had a google for some NA bow painting designs for his bow, it was a basic NA type and i use the term type loosely to avoid offense ;). We ade some stencils and he then painted in acrylic. Came out lovely. Funny as it looks like a "toy" but out to around 20+ inch its around 35lb. Enough to deal with stuff in a real world hunting. I will make more NA type stuff bows when i get time.

xyLeLBL.jpg

Then out to put some arrows down range. I knocked up a few blunts using 357 shells which he could then go wondering around shooting with a little less chance of something daft happening. Was a crack shot by the weekend out.

CSWbV8r.jpg

Father and Sons bows.

fLYnVlb.jpg

KMSLSwN.jpg

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
:)

Every time I come back to this thread I keep thinking "my bow looks pants compared to the boys!" I must find time to start making again one day.

Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE