So we know about your rucksacks, how about your tents?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Hilleberg nallo 2 gt
relum 3 man thing for festivals
wild country duolite 2 man
brit army basha
dd 3x3
dd 4x4
us mss bivvy
9x7 canvas tarp from old pup tent

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
-x4 sectioned zeltbahn tent
-x2 '' '' basha
-hillberg akto
-tera nova jupiter
-ww2 dated British 2man tent
-bukta falcon tent 50 or 60s I guess
-x2 mtp bashas
-vango 4man
and a partridge in a peartree.....(well black grouse in the garden)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My dad bought me a Bukta canvas 2man tent with wooden poles back in 1949: I still have it!
Up in the attic is a Robert Saunders backpacker: great tent but the proofing has had it and it won't withstand extreme conditions like it used to.
In the pack at the moment is a Quecha Ultralite 2 man.
In the campervan is a DD3x3.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
what colour was the bukta? Mines a light green/emerald colour, with metal poles that fit inside each other when packed away.
I did find a catalogue with my model in from 1931.

Mine was white but I soon painted it green with a Grangers product. It didn't cover very well, but it was better for stealth camping. I replace the original poles with aluminium ones like you describe: and still use them. I was still using the tent in the mid 60's when my wife and I did a shoestring overland trip to Greece.

It certainly wasn't a new model when my father bought it and I remember many similar but much older examples on camsites when I was I child, so I wouldn't be surprised if they went further back even than the 1930's. Much of our kit that wasn't either hand made or ex-government was pretty old. My mother made a flysheet and bell-end porch for it that was OK for car-camping but too heavy for the cycle camping that I did as a teenager.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
My dad bought me a Bukta canvas 2man tent with wooden poles back in 1949: I still have it!
Up in the attic is a Robert Saunders backpacker: great tent but the proofing has had it and it won't withstand extreme conditions like it used to.
In the pack at the moment is a Quecha Ultralite 2 man.
In the campervan is a DD3x3.

I too have a Saunders Backpacker, the age of which I don't want to think about, which is still a very functional item; stays dry as a bone and pitched well withstands all and any winds. I also have a Robbens Cloud II which
I got in a trade here about two years ago and which is almost as good as new. Both very good tents, probably because I'm a tarp lover so they haven't had much use in recent times :)

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
I have the following:

Tents
Old outbound cheetah 4
(from argos about 15 years ago and still not let me down)
Hi gear Gobi 4 (it's huge)
Gelert solo

Tarps
DD 3x3 tarp original
DD 3x3 tarp current edition
DD 3x3 tarp superlight

Poncho's
UK army OG
Dutch army camo
2x OG lightweight ripstop (can't remember where from, but excellent)

Bivi bags
UK surplus
Kyham ultralight

And a vango bothy bag

Think I need a clear out........

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE