So long for now....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Addios Amigos!

I'm off on me summer hols for a couple of weeks,so I won't be on the forums for a while. Then I start my new job working self employed, so I won't be able to spend as much time lurking here as I have done, but I will be around when I can, as I consider you all to be my good friends :You_Rock_

I hope all of you going to the meetup have a wonderful time. I'll be adjusting my compass to compensate for all the steel objects gathering in a close area and shifting magnetic north for a few days!

Cheers folks!

Dave

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Dave - have a great holiday! :wink:
And all the best with your new venture! :biggthump

:sadwavey:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Have a good holiday, the only down side is you'll have a couple of thousand posts to read when you get back and no time to do it :-(

Good luck with the self employment :) what are you doing?

:)
Ed

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I'm back! - and its 3348 posts to read! I don't stand a chance. It's my last day in my old job and they expect me to do work!

I'll be working as an engineering design contractor from tomorrow. Nice short commute, 25 feet down the hall from the kitchen :lol:

Dave

Oh - 3345 posts to go!

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
MartiniDave said:
I'm back! - and its 3348 posts to read! I don't stand a chance. It's my last day in my old job and they expect me to do work!

I'll be working as an engineering design contractor from tomorrow. Nice short commute, 25 feet down the hall from the kitchen :lol:

Dave

Oh - 3345 posts to go!

I had seen you were back Dave, hope all is well in the new scheme. You can't beat working from home especially the commuting time!! I always liked to walk to the shops in rush hour before work just to remind myself what everyone else had to suffer in the morning. Having said that I don't work from home anymore but it's only 15 minutes to work so not bad.

Bill

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
All change again!

Well, the self employed bit didn't last long!
I got let down big time by a client who was supposed to have a 12 month contract for me which never materialised! I now know why the word "con" is in contract!
However, a freind who runs his own design consultancy offered to teach me the basics of a different cad package - Solid Works, I've previously only used Pro-Engineer. Anyway, on the second day he offered me a full time position working for him which I bit his hand off to accept, so all is well that ends well.

The new job is quite busy, so I probably won't be posting as often as before, but I am around and keeping an eye on the forum.

Cheers All, :You_Rock_

Dave

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Great stuff. Im glad you can have the security of a regualr income. I know my family had a tough time of it because my mum was/is a free-lance film editor, and the BBC started hiring less and less. She's gone back to uni now though, so she can teach Dyslexics.

Hope it goes well :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE