so i decided to have a go.

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
i was looking at hamish's possibles pouches in the makers market and drooling as im sure many have at his jaw dropping work and all the detail his items contain and i read this at the end of his post...

"These pouches are very easy to make yourself i recommend giving it a bash to anyone who fancies one. The price of these pouches reflects the work gone into all the tooling, lacing, stitching and rivetting.

Thanks for looking

Hamish"

so i decided to have a go with some very old bits of leather, please bear in mind i have no leatherworking tools as such but i have a battery drill a belt sander and a dremmel and ive robbed my pattern directly from hamish's work or as close as i can see it ( sorry hamish! ). so here it is! im really chuffed as its turned out far better than i thought it would although its still not a patch on the original. id really like to see if anyone else has done one?

100_3494_zpsd337aff9.jpg

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
just saw this, great work! I never invented these pouches. There are loads of patterns and tutorials, all based on the culloden sporran and there is a good tutorial on bcuk by ozhaggishead you can work from. I just love making them

solid work there something to be proud of ;)

jim.b

Maker Plus
Jul 3, 2013
hull
just saw this, great work! I never invented these pouches. There are loads of patterns and tutorials, all based on the culloden sporran and there is a good tutorial on bcuk by ozhaggishead you can work from. I just love making them

solid work there something to be proud of ;)

cheers hamish! im hoping to be nearly as good as you by the time you get back!

Nice work Jim, the Empire decal is a nice touch ;)

nice one, love the empire design, looks great

thanks guys it matches the sticker on the back of my car lol!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE