snugpaxk sleeping bag advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Yeah I had one kept me warm, but not exactly toasty, on a very cold October night up on Kinder Scout. I was tent camping and using a Thermarest prolite, so I'd estimate the Comfort rating to be more like -2°C and when used in a tent. Build quality was ok although not to the same standard as the UK made bags.

Sold it on in the end as it was a bit on the small side for me.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I haven't got that version i've got the Snupak Chrysalis 5 , the Snugpak bags are really well made, the one i have is too hot for anything expect below 10c camping and the coldest i've used it so far is at -4c and i was very toasty

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Damn that led light lol mine had one too, the very first time i stuck my bag in the washer i totally forgot it was there, i'd never even used the light and never got to use it

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I had the Snugpak SF 1 and SF 2 bags until recently, their temp ratings are rather optimistic. Personally I'm avoiding them for now. I got myself a Mountain Hardware Lamina 35 for summer use and a Laminina 20 for winter use.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE