Snugpak Special Forces Combo: SF1+SF2+Baffle, Centre Zip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I've been quite reluctant to let these go, but sadly funds are tight, and my bank balance needs balancing.

These bags are excellent pieces of kit on their own as the specs below will justify, but together they make an extremely versatile system that will see you through anything the UK weather will throw at you, plus temperatures beyond what you'd expect. The only reason for selling is that they don't get the use they'd deserve as I have a down bag now.

softiesfcolivelarge.jpg
[/URL]

Apologies for the stock photo, I can supply photos via email in the not too distant future but I can assure you that it's in mint condition and comes with everything as new.

The Special Forces Combo consist of two bags, both constructed from green 'Paratex Steelplate' outer, 'Paratex Light' inner and 'Softie Premier' insulation with the added bonus of 'Reflectatherm'. Both bags benefit from a centre zip and reinforced footbox making the bags particularly robust where its needed most. As mentioned already, the bags themselves can be used on their own with ease as the SF1 is pretty much the same (except with a centre zip) to the Merlin Softie 3, whereas the SF2 is equivalent to the Harrier Softie 10.

When the weather turns particularly unpleasant, you can add the zip baffle and join the two bags together. Some people have cursed this method as being confusing, but I had no problem whatsoever and can supply the bags all zipped up if you have any queries as to how its done.

All in all, the SF Combo including both bags, three stuffsacks and the baffle retail at between £180 and £230 plus shipping, I'm offering them alltogether for £150 including shipping or £75 including shipping for the SF2, £60 including shipping for the SF1 and £15 including shipping for the baffle.

Special Forces 1 Technical Blurb from the Snugpak Website:

Zip Style: Central Quick-Release Zip
Shape: Mummy
Temp Rating: Comfort: 5°c
Temp Rating: Extreme: 0°c
Weight: 1200g (inc. compression stuff sack)
Packsize(Fully Compressed): 16x16cm
Packsize (Uncompressed) Length: 220cm
Width (Chest): 165cm

Special Forces 2 Technical Blurb from the Snugpak Website:

Temp Rating: Comfort: -7°c
Temp Rating: Extreme: -10°c
Weight: 1800g (inc. compression stuff sack)
Packsize(Fully Compressed): 23x23cm

When zipped together as the Special Forces Combo from the Snugpak Website:

Temp Rating: Comfort: -15°c
Temp Rating: Extreme: -20°c
Weight: 3200g (inc. compression stuff sack)
Packsize(Fully Compressed): 30x27cm

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE