Snugpack softie 6

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the snugpack softie 6? I can get hold of one very cheap off a friend, it just needs a slight repair. I have no experience odf these bags, anygood?

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
although I've not tried the softie 6 my experiences with snugpak sleeping bags over the years has been exceptionally good, even when used beyond their designed temperature range.

As long as you stick within the parameters the bag was designed for I see no reason not to have one.

I bought a snugpak navigator, because I like a bit of room in my bag and I'm well pleased, and the group buy hammock underblanket was put together by them, also to a high standard.

mrstorey

Forager
I used to have a Softie 6. It was fine, but eventually became very weary and compressed and really really didn't keep me warm, even in the slightly warmer, slightly less rainy months that passed for an English summer in the days before global warming.

Bear in mind that my experiences date from the days when it was called the 'Softie 6 Kestrel' and came in bright purple, which was about 10 years ago. Synthetic insulation technology may have moved on since then :)

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
I've experience of both the garishly coloured Softie 6 "Kestrel" and the modern Olive Green "Softie 6". I loved the first to pieces - literally - it was 8 years old when my feet (courtesy of some poor food hygiene and long & sharp toe nail, sliced through the foot of the bag, unleashing balls of stuffing. Although I did a repair on it, it was never quite the same again.

As such, I invested in a "new" style OG Softie 6. Damn fine purchase and does me as a "Summer bag", with a Nanok -10 as a Winter bag. Sometimes I'll use a cotton liner with the Softie to prolongue it's use during the summer (purely because it's lighter and smaller than the Nanok).

The softies are, to quote an old schoolboy saying, lush - and I wouldn't swap mine for the world!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I have one. Pack size is tiny for the amount of unpacked loft. The supplied compression sac works well.

I find it warm enough for April-October approximately, here in Scotland. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

it seems well made with a good zip.

Recommended.

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
The snugpak's are good, however it depends on what you are using it for, for a general bag, there not bad, especially if you can get it cheap

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE