snugpack response, maxpedition proteus... difference? apart from £40....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i have a response pack ,..overloaded it and a bit of stitching gave way ,..my fault entirely i must add,..but still,..

i also have a fair bit of Maxp gear,....and you can abuse it and it will not fail in this area,...

not sure the extra spend is a viable one on such a small pack though ,...

mainly because an overloaded waistpack is not very comfortable,...

Oh and the buckle on the Snugpak WILL pop open if put under any strain,...

hope this helps,...

but for 12 quid,....it'd be rude not to really,....

Cheers

Stu

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
i have a response pack ,..overloaded it and a bit of stitching gave way ,..my fault entirely i must add,..but still,..

i also have a fair bit of Maxp gear,....and you can abuse it and it will not fail in this area,...

not sure the extra spend is a viable one on such a small pack though ,...

mainly because an overloaded waistpack is not very comfortable,...

Oh and the buckle on the Snugpak WILL pop open if put under any strain,...

hope this helps,...

but for 12 quid,....it'd be rude not to really,....

Cheers

Stu

well ill need it for a 6 month jungle exped, instead of carrying two utility pouches (PLCE) so it cant afford to fail under any circumstance. also if its going to last longer and i only have to splash out the once instead of a new one for each trip....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Snugpak gear is made here in the UK but I don't think the RP is made to handle heavy loads, more for F.A.K or cameras etc.

MaxP gear is solid, if you want something you can rely on then I'd shell out that bit extra

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Snugpak gear is made here in the UK but I don't think the RP is made to handle heavy loads, more for F.A.K or cameras etc.

MaxP gear is solid, if you want something you can rely on then I'd shell out that bit extra

heheh extra bit... 4x as much!!!

like i said, what i want it for is a replacement for two utility pouches... do we recon they are of rough equal size?

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
You're assuming the Viper TacPac is the snugpak response tho' (which I admit it looks exactly the same bag)

ooooo but it doesnt!!! look closer! things like the viper one has pen holders either side of the front pocket and the snugpack does not... subtle differences but noticeable!

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
ooooo but it doesnt!!! look closer! things like the viper one has pen holders either side of the front pocket and the snugpack does not... subtle differences but noticeable!

i just saw a photo that contradicts that... now im totally confused....

still the maxp is 1000d and the others seem to be 600d...

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Well at least you'll have somewhere to clip your pen... let us know how you get on with it - it'd be nice to see a side by side comparison.

viper version doesnt seem to have a waist belt either like the other ones which is actually prob better for me as i want to attach it to a molle belt anyway..... mmmm....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE