Snowmobile rider fail.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
I gotta get me one of those goPro HD cameras that the riders using.
Having never ridden a snowmobile, how heavy are they? Was there any chance of stopping that thing as it was rolling?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Having never ridden a snowmobile, how heavy are they? Was there any chance of stopping that thing as it was rolling?..."

Perhaps it was a special lightweight snowmobile, it didn't look particularly heavy in the vid, however mass and momentum etc. I wouldn't want to be the one standing in its way as it came down the slope.

The snowmobiles I have driven (and crashed) were fairly weighty machines.

Nice video, thanks. :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
. . . . . . .
snowball.gif
.. . . . . . . .

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Weight would likely be in the 500 to 600 pound range, possibly a little more. At least the track is still good:D
Cost of repairs will not be cheap....

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
I’ve never ridden a snowmobile, and while I’m sure they’re fun and all, the staggering numbers of people killed on snowmobiles every year, even just here in Ontario alone, is enough to dissuade me from wanting to get on one.

Like anything else, it's all about common sense. I ride for work, not pleasure. A snowmobile for me is absolutely essential. Speed, carelessness, alcohol and downright stupidity at times are the main reasons for the deaths. Yes, accidents do happen as they do with everything else in life, but for the most part it's the reasons I've stated above that cause the most trouble.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE