Smoulering ember

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Tbis is one that was made for one of the guys over at BB.

the balde is a temper coloured damascus by poul strand.

smoulder012.jpg

smoulder010.jpg

The handle is highly polished ebony at each end (very dark but the grain is visible if you look for it; kinda like looking for the milky way in the sky), black and white fibre spacers and a curly birch centre section. On the right hand side of the rear section of ebony is one of clcuckow's mosaic pins.
smoulder003.jpg

The curly birch section is is dyed mulitple times to produce a variation on my " trademark" Fires of Hell pattern. True to the name the pattern does bear a distinct resemblance to a smouldering piece of wood in a fire.

smoulder009.jpg

smoulder009.jpg

This was a huge challenge to make due to the glue bond and the temperatures needed to bake to coloured layers into this pattern.

I think it turned out ok. What do you think?

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Looks fantastic Dave. I really like the diagonal join between the woods and the double spacer. The blade is top quality as well.

Bill

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Thats lovely, nice flowing lines on the handle. I'm not usually a fan of dyed wood but that birch looks really nice. Top job :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE