smallest bivi bag to pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Looking to start taking my 6 year old further afield not just woodland walking so I am going to carry a butt pack with emergency kit, first aid waterbottle, childrens poncho in etc.

To me the next most important thing to carry is a bivi bag. Currently using an army one.

What do you all suggest is a more compactable alternative so far thinking of the clear NATO sleeping bag cover bag but is there abreathable alternative.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
the alpkit hunka bivi packs much smaller than the issue gore-tex one, and it's much lighter too

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
Alpkit Hunka. Compact, breathable, and £30. You'd have to spend over twice that for a comparable Rab one. I love my Hunka.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Surely though a bivi bag being both a protection from the elements and also from sharp objects needs to be made to a considerable standard of durability? I would be afraid to use anything less heavy than the british army issue bivi!

brit army issue bivi: 850g
alpkit hunka: 400g

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have a Mountain Laurel Designs bivvy bag which I use under a tarp, it packs down to the size of a can of pop and weighs around 200g. It's made from Momentum fabric with a silnylon base, not waterproof but it doesn't need to be under a tarp.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I bought a HiGear bivvy bag in a hurry. Turned out not to be suitable for me, so unpacked but unused. In green. Yours for £25 including paypal fees and postage.

Since writing this, I've found Go Outdoors (where I got mine) are selling them for £25 inc.p&p. If it's what you want, you'd probably be better off getting it from them. PS Please note I'm not recommending this bag- you get what you pay for. If I buy another I'll get a Hunka.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I have one of the standard size ones I can take a photo of it packed up next to something for scale. (it's surplus to requirements too if your interested)

I'm on night shift so wont get a pic until tomorrow.

ATB

KP

Edit:

56878bbc-527e-b443.jpg

56878bbc-529d-ce20.jpg

Feel free to PM me if your interested- its been used once!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE