Small sunflower bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Latest piece. - big enough for a tobacco tin.

5c22c0cff2651497d0d1ab8e4437d739.jpg

02cb36409266d75d9a45c68a9e77ffc5.jpg

ea674ca1e0a04909fa9b1d34c6a3902f.jpg

6944063c8e7bfd360e48631a47f22818.jpg

8534897b5f9e655a8791c9be56f801dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thats very nice.

I keep on meaning to try some tooling, but havent the confidence, my instinct is to more simple items anyway.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Thats very nice.

I keep on meaning to try some tooling, but havent the confidence, my instinct is to more simple items anyway.
I prefer tooling. Hand stitching is no fun
Over 200 stitches in this one and my fingers are sore.

Last edited:

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
that's lovely Mike.

with regards to the sore fingers, you may already be aware of this, but an idea I got from Hammish is to stitch up some garment leather (he used suade, but I used some srap deerskin) into a 'tunnel'/ finger glove that can be slid on (if that makes sense?)
This puts a bit of padding on the finger for pushing the needles through, and used to pull sinew/thread tight. two of them make a world of difference.

hope this helps,

atb
Ste

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
that's lovely Mike.

with regards to the sore fingers, you may already be aware of this, but an idea I got from Hammish is to stitch up some garment leather (he used suade, but I used some srap deerskin) into a 'tunnel'/ finger glove that can be slid on (if that makes sense?)
This puts a bit of padding on the finger for pushing the needles through, and used to pull sinew/thread tight. two of them make a world of difference.

hope this helps,

atb
Ste

I'll give it a go. If I remember to use them!

Dreadhead

Keep seeing this crop up on facebook, really love the colours you've got there, nice antique. And smart wee closure tab I like it :)

that's lovely Mike.

hope this helps,

atb
Ste

With the amount of hand stitching I do (can be 500-600 stitches a day some weeks), I go through a pair of my finger tabs every 1-2 months, I think my hands would be mince meat without them. so I make a bunch of sets for my 'students' now whenever I'm running courses to keep their hands protected, but they always seem to go missing so i'm always making more. I use goatskin these days which is nice and tough, though not quite as grippy as the suede was.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Cheers Hamish. I'm pleased with the tab too. I love the simplicity of Sam Brown studs but they can be fiddley.

I wonder if cordovan would make good finger socks. It's used for archery as a material for finger gaurds - as it's hard-wearing and retains its shape.

Last edited:

Dreadhead

Cheers Hamish. I'm pleased with the tab too. I love the simplicity of Sam Brown studs but they can be fiddley.

I wonder if cordovan would make good finger socks. It's used for archery as a material for finger gaurds - as it's hard-wearing and retains its shape.

Aye, do you also find they unscrew with use? I tend to pop a bit of suplerglue in the screw when I put them on to stop this. Nice idea for the finger tabs, let me know if you try it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE