Small Portable Firebox/Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Oh dear looks like Parcel Farce are living upto thier name for some of you guys. :(

Fortunately I was able to pick mine up and had it for the weekend where i gave it some thorough abuse....its all dirty now :( :lmao: :lmao:

Cooked on it for two days and was more than pleased with it. The versitiliy of it means that it can be used to grill, fry and boil (with the aids of a pot) so i managed to have a nice range of meals off it.

Heres a couple of pictures:

Getting some nice embers:
372132569_e92cd12d1c.jpg

Breakfast on the go:
372132574_11704b1010.jpg

Spot of bannock for lunch anyone? :
372132573_378fc169bb.jpg

(Although the grill isn't fitted properly in the bannock picture, as the chimney is in the way obviously, it did give the much needed air gap between the top plate and the bowl - otherwise it would have burnt to a crisp.)

Very very happy and more than just a little impressed.

Thanks again Jon for pointing this little beaut' out to everyone its fantastic. :You_Rock_

Big Bad Stu

Nomad
Jul 18, 2006
Shropshire
Just a quick bit of feedback on the stove.

We tested it in the remote location of my back garden yesterday. I can safely say that it is not as fast as a petrol stove or as clean. It was however the best fun I have ever had making a brew. What with feeding the fire, stoking the thing and generally sitting around with my mate Neil and having a chat we had a right laugh (isn't this what life should be all about). We were watched from the conservatory by the somewhat bemused wives but I guess they will never understand, they had a cup of tea from the kettle because they could not wait.

Cheers Jon :You_Rock_

This is the best gadget ever!

Stewey :D :D

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
:red: :red: :red: Its arrived :red: :red: :red:
The stove arrived today and its burning outside this window even as I write this. I can't believe how small it is. Not being critical but my other environmental fireplace is about 6 times as big. Found that you can manoever the hot front plates to put in fuel using the Trangia put grip.
Just a word on the Parcel Force front. It appears they don't operate a 24 hour service in certain Post Code areas (bet they didn't say that when the parcel was posted). The parcel came to the Parcel Force Depot in Aberdeen on Thursday, was left there till Saturday when it was transferred to Royal Mail who then resorted it, put it yet another van to our local sorting office and they delivered it today. This info from our local friendly Postman. Be warned if you are posting to less well populated areas in the UK. You don't get what you pay for :( Tea must be ready by now!

Torak

Forager
Oct 4, 2006
uk
My stove arrived today-will hopefully get the chance to use it at weekend. Thanks to Jon for organising this.

As for Parcelforce-my stove lay in their depot all weekend, I sent an email asking why they advertise 24 hour delivery-reckon I will get a reply next week. :rolleyes:

Beech Nut

Forager
Apr 27, 2006
Basingstoke
Folks

I am glad you are all having fun with your new toys :) Be great to see some photos of them in action and your reviews are greatly appreciated.

Jon

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
I haven't had a chance to test mine yet - has anyone tested the effect on grass if you use the stove on it? :rolleyes:

Also, has anyone tried charcoal bricketts yet!? :morpheus:

Anyone got any theories on how best to start it or is it just the same as a campfire (probably a stupid question!!) inasmuch that you use ignition, bunch of twigs (why DOESN'T anyone call them faggot sticks anymore?!? :D ) infact I've just looked this up Here

Or has anyone had a bright idea in some other way?!!? :D

Thanks for the group buy again! I love the compact and bijou design!! :You_Rock_

Phil

barry

Dec 24, 2004
dingwall
hey just got mine today not had a chance to try it out but lookin forward to a test run this weekend thanks again for orginising this beech nut

Beech Nut

Forager
Apr 27, 2006
Basingstoke
Gents. Some of you have not collected your stoves from the post office. They will be sent back to us and you would have to pay shipping again to get them.

Barry Maccoll .... Dingwall MSPO Awaiting collection from Post Office

Phill Parry ....... Milton Keynes Depot Awaiting collection from Post Office

Graham Strowes ... Strathmartine Road SPSO Awaiting collection from Post Office

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I tried firing mine up today with BBQ briquettes. Worked a treat. Used abour 6 in the firebox and they lasted for about 2 hours. Very useful where there is limited firewood. :D

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Beech Nut said:
Gents. Some of you have not collected your stoves from the post office. They will be sent back to us and you would have to pay shipping again to get them.

Barry Maccoll .... Dingwall MSPO Awaiting collection from Post Office

Phill Parry ....... Milton Keynes Depot Awaiting collection from Post Office

Graham Strowes ... Strathmartine Road SPSO Awaiting collection from Post Office

Got mine the day after they attempted to deliver it. Going to have a go today!!

Thanks Beech!

Torak

Forager
Oct 4, 2006
uk
Would the trangia meths burner produce enough heat the cook on the stove? Never cooked with meths. Thanks

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Finally had a go at mine today and OH MY WORD!!!

Gobsmacked at the amount of heat such a small stove kicks out given the small fire (ok, with Ash wood split up into finger sized kindling!) I had in it.

SUPERB! :You_Rock_

Now...where's the burn cream??? :eek: :lmao: :eek:

Phil

Torak

Forager
Oct 4, 2006
uk
Would just like to thank Derek at Woodland Edge for his very kind gesture because of my stove being late, even though the delivery beyond his control. Nice to know there are some companies out there that go that little bit further.

Thanks again . :You_Rock_

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Looks like my flatmate picked mine up for me, I was somewhere in the south atlantic when it was delivered.
It's a great looking piece of kit, I can't wait to give it a try.
thanks to all concerned.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE