small fishing floats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
You could natural. Oak apple with a black thorn through the centre make good floats .you just put the line through the hole put the thorn in to hold it on the line and you can slide it up or down for the depth to fish at.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Simplest ones for that sort of thing are a piece of drinking straw, use the taper on a cocktail stick or BBQ skewer in either end.....pass the line through the straw and trap with taper, you can also 'load' them for actual fishing and store loose shot in them whilst in the tin.

D.B.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Sometimes it's just a case of finding something that will fit , I think I got some from the pound shop .....
389186f661d036056e493c08650b2a29.jpg

Maybe a little bobber like in the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll have to track down a local tackle shop and take a look

aloth Madriverrobs offer is very kind.

I've just found these in shed, both fit in altoids tin, you can have them if you want them , pm me your address and I'll pop em in the post

8e15584bb1fa34e0fc1fe84e02e43d84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
My local tackle shop is great, old guy in there is a wealth of knowledge and makes alot of the rods, floats etc himself. Bought a really short feeder rod from him specifically made for the local rivers.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

sharpangle

Sep 2, 2015
N Ireland
Make your own. Old wine corks with a hole through the middle. I give them a bit of sanding and a dab of neon paint round the top. Also some balsa dowel off eBay cut and shaped to your size of choice would be ideal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE