Small Altler Necker Refurb

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I brought this nice little knife from one of the members on here, it was in need of a bit of TLC, I believe he was given it in the condition.. so as a Christmas Holiday project, I thought I could do something with it.

Heres the Original Pic for the sale
Old Knife.jpg

And a couple I took
DSC_0222.jpgDSC_0224.jpg

First step was to start to clean up the shape of the blade, then move on to the Handle, to clean up and work out the damage that had been done with a file to the pommel, looking at the blade I did very little to it apart from remove the worst of the file marks, its going to take some more work to get a really fine edge to it.

I then cleaned up the Antler and the slacked materials, polished the knife up by hand, Keeping some of the charter that is in the Blade.

I made it a little sheath with a Brass "D" so it could be used with a Dangler as well as a nice little Necker :)

Hope you like.

DSC_0227.jpgDSC_0228.jpg

I have thought it looked like a William Rodgers, so have a couple of others, but alas the blade has been hacked so much I could not see a Makers Mark.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a cracking little knife there, and you've brought it nicely back to life; I find small neckers like this a really useful bit of kit and it's great to see one brought back from the brink!

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you for the nice words, I like the knife, and I glad its now going to be another worker for me, and will be well used. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE